Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ordinary Things: a question

As I am finishing the Thomas Moore book this Sunday afternoon, I'm having a bit of an epiphany about colanders, those metal bowls with holes for the water to drain out.

I'll be writing more about colanders and spirituality in my next post--but for now, I'm curious about the ordinary things that you are attracted to, love to touch, smell, taste, look at, buy, hang on your walls, or give as presents.

Remember Julie Andrews singing "These are a few of my fav-o-rite things" in The Sound of Music?

Raindrops on roses
Whiskers on kittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string....

If you want to play Favorite Things with me, please send me an email and let me know a few things that, as Betty said on the phone today, "make your heart sing."  Thomas Moore says that the "ordinary things" that we love can be portals into our souls.

I'm liking that word, portal.









No comments: